Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I have cold toes today

There isn’t supposed to be snow on the ground. It isn’t supposed to be 20 degrees out. It’s supposed to be sunny, with green grass, fresh air, and flowers. But it doesn’t know any better. For the time being I’ll stay chained in the dorm so I don’t give my chacos frost bite.

And while I’m chained I’ll be reading my maps. I’ve developed an odd obsession with maps recently. I think it started when I got an atlas of the US for Christmas. Then I spent money on an atlas of New York State. But knowing every road in the state wasn’t enough. I need to know every building, stream, elevation change, dirt road, and marsh! So convinced the United States Geological Survey to sell me a Topo map of my area. But there is so much more to know. I’m making a birthday list for all three of you who get me gifts (this excludes Sarah, but includes Boni and Anita). This list will include: world maps, a GPS unit, a PA state atlas, and a personal cartographer.

1 comment:

Big SisterMama said...

we are all waiting for you to choose your favorite post for the interactive entry.....