Sunday Night at
I don’t know why I volunteered to give my senior seminar presentation so soon. I have 216 hours until I take the lectern. At least it will be over before the semester really starts. If only there were four exams less between now and then. If anyone has questions about global warming I should be an expert by next Tuesday.
Sarah and I visited her family for a birthday celebration. Since they had more snow than college does we helped the younger four build a snow fort. We had to hurry back, the International banquet was last night. We went in Indian attire.




5 comments:
Have you watched "An Inconvenient Truth"? I guess if you are seeking info on global warming, then you most likely have already. Shelah and I watched it this weekend and it really gives lots to think about.
I"m not an expert yet but here are my thoughts on Al Gore. His science is mostly good. His critics have worked really hard to bring legit scientific criticisms. He uses what I call "alarmism" or "shock value" by showing pictures of death and destruction and using phrases like "a hike through the book of revelation" to describe the effects of G.W. on nature.
When we were your age......way back then, the huge looming crisis was acid rain. Everywhere you turned there was an alarm going out that we Christian environmentalists must do something about acid rain before our kids grew up in a wasteland of toxic soup. It never happened, of course, and the science involved was arguably tighter than that which porports to portend the inevitability of Global Warming.
My opinion then, as now, is that the major threat to the environment is from man's cruelty to man, in the form of military ordnance, fuel needed to support aggression, intentional bombing and burning of oil pipelines, etc. I believe that the environmentalist argument therefore supports the cause of non-resistance.
Either way, we believers never need to be alarmed!
kev,
I really can't tell from your comment whether or not you have watched the movie. Little of your little evaluation smacks of a first hand look.
Interesting thought: II Peter 3:10-12.
Wish you could send some of that snow down here for our children's sake, they have been playing outside in their snowsuits when a few flurries are flying around.
S-
several thoughts:
Pro-life should be extended to be pro-enviroment. The value of a person is intrinsic, as they are made by the Creator in his image. The earth was not made in the image of the Creator, but it was made by the Creator and that alone makes it valuable.
I have watched "The Inconvient Truth" twice, and I have the book.
Post a Comment