Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I had a fish named "beet"

Up until this week my aquarium had three fish: beet, bop, and stripe. I now have two fish. Beet passed away. He had a fin rot disorder so I gave him the flush to a better place. Bop and Strip do not seem to miss him, though I do. Condolences, cards, flowers, and cash gifts in his honor can be sent to my home. Especially the cash gifts.

I have a wart on the bottom of my foot-right on the meaty ball part. I've been using wart remover for the last 10 weeks. It slowly eats away the flesh at a rate that is comparable to the speed at which my teeth grow. Occasionally I try to speed things up a bit, you know, take matters into my own hands. I use my knife and Sarah's leather man (don't tell her, she doesn't know and might be kind of germophobic about it) to remove larger parts that I consider to be part of the wart. Inevitably I remove too much flesh and my foot hurts. I end up limping around for two or three days. Today is one of those limping days.

Shucks,! Sarah just found out about her leather man.

Sometime in September we are going to be taking a canoe voyage down the Delaware River. We plan to spend 4 days and 3 nights floating, camping, eating fresh toxin containing fish, and generally having a grand old time. I'm not sure if Nelke will be coming. She has become a bit of an old dog, which doesn't make much difference considering she has hated water as long as I've known her.

I'm off to hear the reading of "The egg and I" as read by Sarah

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Try freezing the wart using a can of the compressed air stuff for blowing off electronics and whatnot. If you turn it upside down and use the case of a ballpoint pen to direct the flow, you can freeze a hole in your foot in quick order. Then once frozen, you can carve away with Sarah's leather man less hindered by the surrounding nerves.