Sunday, July 02, 2006

I set off some illegal bottle rockets to celebrate our freedom

A car I saw geo-caching

I’ve been doing some organizing. Asher snagged a dresser and chest from along the road and I organized my camping stuff in them. Then I went through a pile of candles that came from a dumpster months ago: some will become fire starters and I might find a normal use for the rest.

Asher and I went to the fire works last night. Joella had my camera so I didn’t get any pictures. I would have had some good ones: we found a killer spot to watch the sparks that went boom. We parked next to a construction site, walked down a back road, ducked into a hedge row, waded through briars and poison to our perfect overlook of Marietta.

Just this evening Asher and I set off some illegal bottle rockets to celebrate our freedom. Here are the pictures.

1 rocket


125 rockets


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like ya'll had a fun illegal time. naughty, naughty. What exactly is geo-caching???

abu said...

Is that your GPS on the car fender?

Anonymous said...

neat fireworks...are you sure they are illegal....Pa has eased their laws about them....

Anonymous said...

I like those bottle rockets. I am intersted in finding out how exactly you set off 125 of them at once. Or is it just some special digital camera effect that gives the viewer the impression that the pyrotechnics are being launched simultaneously?