The Goal: To help Dr. Tobias Hunt find the money that Veronica Amazon stole. This is done by following clues and working through problems. The catch is that no one knows how long it will go on. We follow one clue to the next and continue on.
There have been questions that require translating from Greek and German into English plus interpreting the meaning. We have called doctors, investigated ancient greek art, and set up rooms full of computers to have multiple people reasearching.
And the hunt continues: people stay up round the clock, searching the dark woods in the rain for clues.
So I need your help on this problem. Clue 25
Question:
The coding DNA sequence of the sense-strand of DNA for a given gene is shown below. Find out the name of the normal version of this gene.
ATGAGAATAAGGAGAAGAGATGAAAAAGAGAATCAAGAATACAAGAAAGGTTTATGGACAGTTGAAGAAGACAACATCCTTATGGACTATGTTCTTAATCATGGCACTGGCCAATGGAACCGCATCGTCAGAAAAACTGGGCTAAAGAGATGTGGGAAAAGTTGTAGACTGAGATGGATGAATTATTTGAGCCCTAATGTGAACAAAGGCAATTTCACTGAACAAGAAGAAGACCTCATTATTCGTCTCCACAAGCTCCTCGGCAATAGATGGTCTTTGATAGCTAAAAGAGTACCGGGAAGAACAGATAACCAAGTCAAGAACTACTGGAACACTCATCTCAGCAAAAAACTCGTCGGAGATTACTCCTCCGCCGTCAAAACCACCGGAGAAGACGACGACTCTCCACCGTCATTGTTCATCACTGCCGCCACACCTTCTTCTTGTCATCATCAACAAGAAAATATCTACGAGAATATAGCCAAGAGCTTTAACGGCGTCGTATCAGCTTCGTACGAGGATAAACCAAAACAAGAACTGGCTCAAAAAGATGTCCTAATGGCAACTA
CTAATGATCCAAGTCACTATTATGGCAATAACGCTTTATGGGTTCATGACGACGATTTTGAGCTTAGTTCACTCGTAATGATGAATTTTGCTTCTGGTGATGTTGAGTACTGCCTTTAG
6 comments:
I...I...I'm the little talking donkey!
Hee-Haw!
The angel in front of me won't let me walk down the road.
Here is a song, that while about DNA, is totally useless to your quest:
http://www.jonathancoulton.com/mp3/That%20Spells%20DNA.mp3
and here's a link that works... That Spells DNA
Who made up these clues? Never heard of a "sense-strand of DNA". However, if this clue was made up made an undergrad biology professor in genetics, there is an off-chance that the DNA sequence refers to a genetic trait indentified by a peculiarity in the sense of taste. In which case the answer to your clue just might be "Phenolphthalene Taster".
--Daddio
and get some sleep!
Maybe it's a hairy nose gene. I don't know what I'm talking about.
Post a Comment