I am an adult. I may not be a mature adult, but I am, nonetheless an adult. I’ve waited all my life to be one. All of those things I wasn’t allowed to do, I can now do. My childhood statements of “when I’m grown up I’ going too…” are starting to happen. I’ve abolished bed times, let myself eat pizza for breakfast, and never take out the trash. And my mother thinks I’m a success. (What were her hopes for me anyway?) Irresponsibility is wonderful some days.
Responsibility is harder when I’ve been irresponsible. The New York State Department of Conservation officers I met Friday night thought I was irresponsible. Maybe that’s why they made me stand in a line with my friends and keep my hands where they could see them. Seriously, did they need four law enforcement vehicles to apprehend me? A guy can’t even have a good time without someone breathing down his neck about the wrong permit.
11 comments:
True that.
Zach, what were you doing in the last paragraph?---ray
how does irresponsibility make responsibility harder? I don't see the connection.
I...I...I'm the little talking donkey!
Hee-Haw!
The angel in front of me won't let me walk down the road.
You see, Sarah, when you've been habitually irresponsible, then it's not so bad getting reprimanded for your irresponsibility, because you're used to it. However, when you've spent your life creating these illusions about yourself that you're the most responsible person you know, it's a real hard shock to get in trouble for irresponsibility. Surely you understand me.
Right.....Your sister was "in Jail" once too because she couldn't remember her SS #.
Kevin! What have you been doing? I take it all back about you being a success!
I love that your mom took back your "successful" status.
congradulations on your engagement to SarahRicotta, may you have many happy years together.
I think maybe you need to upDATE?
Zach!! Your engaged???? Update soon!--ray
Post a Comment